The coincident mate refers to bring two planar surfaces flush or aligned with each other or a surface, edge, or vertex in contact with each other. See SolidWorks Help: Coincident Mate. Concentric mates allow you to align the axis of a curved or cylindrical face with the axis of another.
What does coincident mate mean in SolidWorks?
A coincident mate, like the name sounds, is a mate between two features that you want to coincide with each other. Generally we use it for making two planes parallel and coincident.
What is symmetry mate in SolidWorks?
A symmetry mate forces two similar entities to be symmetric about a plane or planar face of a component or a plane of the assembly. The following entities are allowed in symmetry mates: Points such as vertices or sketch points. Lines such as edges, axes, or sketch lines.
What is a concentric mate SolidWorks?
Perpendicular: Places selected items at a 90 degree angle from each other. Tangent: Places a cylindrical, spherical, or conical face tangent with another component. Concentric: Places two cylindrical, spherical or conical faces of a part so that they share the same centerline.
How do I add a coincident mate in SolidWorks?
How to Add a Coincident in SolidWorks
- Select a line, point, center line or temporary axis with the left mouse button. …
- Hold the “Control” key and select the second line, point or temporary axis by left-clicking it. …
- Click the “Coincident” button in the Add Relations section of the properties box.
Can you explode a multi body solid?
While a multibody part is exploded, you cannot add mates to it. You create exploded views in multibody parts by selecting and dragging solid bodies in the graphics area, creating one or more explode steps. You can copy exploded views from the active configuration to other configurations.
What are the different mates in Solidworks?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. Advanced mates include limit, linear/linear coupler, path, profile center, symmetry, and width mates.
How do you mate pieces in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert >, Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
How do you use slot mate in Solidworks?
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert >, Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, expand Mechanical Mates and select Slot .
- For Mate Selections, select a slot face and the feature to mate to it: The face of another straight or angular slot. An axis. …
- Select a constraint option: Option. Description. …
- Click .
How do you mate tubes in Solidworks?
Tricks to Mating (in SOLIDWORKS) – YouTube
What is concentric mating condition discuss?
Types: against, fits, contact, coplanar fits: center lines are concentric. • Mating condition = mating type + two faces. • Normal vector + one point on the face.
What type of face can’t be selected when creating a concentric mate?
A coincident mate forces two planar faces to become coplanar. The faces can move along one another, but cannot be pulled apart. A concentric mate forces two cylindrical faces to become concentric. The faces can move along the common axis, but cannot be moved away from this axis.
How do you make a derived sketch in SolidWorks?
Deriving Sketches in Parts
- Select the sketch from which you want to derive a new sketch.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch.
- Click Insert >, Derived Sketch. …
- Position the derived sketch by dragging and dimensioning it to the selected face. …
- Exit the sketch.
Where is coincident in SolidWorks?
Click Constraints >, Geometric Constraints >, Coincident (or type GcCoincident). Specify the first constraint point on an entity (Line, linear PolyLine segment, Circle, Arc, PolyLine arc, Ellipse, or Spline). Specify the second constraint point on another entity.
How do you make a coincident?
Inventor: Coincident Constraint – YouTube
How do you get coincident points?
SOLIDWORKS Tech Tip: Creating Pierce and Coincidence Relations …
How do you rotate an exploded view in Solidworks?
To include a rotation in an exploded view step:
- With the PropertyManager open, select the components to rotate in the explode step. The rotation and translation handles appear.
- Select a rotational direction handle and rotate to a desired position. …
- To complete the explode step, click Done.
How do you explode a multibody part in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Multibody Parts)
- Click Exploded View. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert >, Exploded View.
- Select one or more solid bodies to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a triad arm to explode the solid bodies. …
- Under Settings, click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as needed, then click .
How do I edit an exploded view in Solidworks?
To edit an explode step:
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: Select components to add to the step. …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
How many types of mates are there?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. Advanced mates include limit, linear/linear coupler, path, symmetry, and width mates. Mechanical mates include cam-follower, gear, hinge, rack and pinion, screw, and universal joint mates.
How do you mate two curved surfaces in SOLIDWORKS?
SolidWorks Training – Mating a Sphere to a Surface – YouTube
How do you use mechanical mates in SOLIDWORKS?
To set up the mate, you simply need to select a linear edge or line on the rack component, and then a cylindrical face or circular edge on the pinion component. The mate will then relate the motion based on either the pinion pitch diameter or the rack travel distance.
How do I edit a mate in Solidworks?
To modify a mate:
- Expand the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- In the PropertyManager, select the mate to edit and change the options. …
- To replace one entity with another, click the entity to replace in the Mate Selections box, press Delete, then select the new entity.
- Click .
Which choice is an example of sketched feature?
Sketched features include extruded profiles and shapes, revolved shapes, sweeps, lofts, coils, and ribs.
How do slots and holes mate?
SOLIDWORKS – New in 2014: Slot Mates – YouTube
How do you insert a slot in Solidworks?
Creating Slots from the Hole Wizard
- Select a face and click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert >, Features >, Hole >, Wizard.
- In the PropertyManager, on the Type tab, for Hole Type, select a slot type: Option. Description. …
- Under Hole Specifications, for Slot length. , enter a value.
- Select other options and click .
How do you create a slot in Solidworks?
Creating a Straight Slot
- In a sketch, click Straight Slot (Sketch toolbar) or Tools >, Sketch Entities >, Straight Slot .
- Click to specify the starting point of the slot.
- Move the pointer and then click to specify the length of the slot.
- Move the pointer and then click to specify the width of the slot.
In what way does a concentric mate constrain an assembly?
The concentric mating constraint eliminates two translational DOFs and two rotational DOFs. The coincident-mate mating constraint eliminates one translational DOF and two rotational DOFs.
Can a coincident mate be set as driven?
You can set mate dimensions as driven, so that the value is influenced by other moving components in the assembly.
How do you lock two parts together in Solidworks?
Now to lock any part in Solidworks assembly all you have to do is:
- choose the part from the FeatureManager Design tree.
- right click on the name of the part.
- Select Fix ( To fix the part), Float (To make the part move)
What features were used to create the chisel?
What features were used to create the chisel? Loft and flex.
How do you show parent/child relationships in Solidworks?
To view Parent/Child relations, in the FeatureManager design tree or in the graphics area, right-click the feature whose relationships you want to see. Select Parent/Child from the menu. Search ‘Parent and Child Relations’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you do a composite curve in Solidworks?
To create a composite curve:
- Click Composite Curve. on the Curves toolbar, or click Insert >, Curve >, Composite.
- Click the items (sketch entities, edges, and so on) that you want to join. …
- Click .
How do I draw a line arc in Solidworks?
To autotransition between line and arc:
- Click Line. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools >, Sketch Entities >, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. …
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
What is make Pierce in SolidWorks?
The pierce point defines the location of the profile, relative to the sketch segment used to create the structural member. The default pierce point is the sketch origin in the profile library feature part.
How do you add relationships in SolidWorks?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools >, Relations >, Add to create geometric relations (such as tangent or perpendicular) between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. You can choose whether geometric relations are automatically created as you create sketch entities.
How do you pierce in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS – Pierce Relation – YouTube
How do you use coincident constraints?
Apply coincident constraint
- On the ribbon, click Sketch tab Constrain panel Coincident Constraint .
- Click the point to constrain.
- Click the geometry to which the point is constrained.
- Continue to place coincident constraints, or do one of the following to quit: Right-click, and select Done. Press Esc.
How do you use a coincident on shape?
To start, select the entities that you wish to make coincident. In this case we’re going to select the lower left corner of the first rectangle and the top right corner of the second rectangle. Next, select the Coincident tool from the sketch toolbar.
What is the meaning of coincident points?
In mathematics, a coincidence point (or simply coincidence) of two functions is a point in their common domain having the same image. Formally, given two functions. we say that a point x in X is a coincidence point of f and g if f(x) = g(x).